Penny is a seasoned human resources executive and consultant with over 25 years of diverse business experience in advising enterprise leaders on employment-related matters.
She founded RemarkAbleHR, Inc., in 2007, to provide strategies and resources to help businesses cope with employment matters. In October, 2009, Penny was chosen as the Person of the Year by the Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce. In August, 2009, Penny was selected as an “EXCELLENCE IN HUMAN RESOURCES” Honoree by the South Florida Business Journal. In August, 2007, she won the “EXCELLENCE IN HUMAN RESOURCES” SFJB Award in the HR Consulting category. In November, 2007, she was named an “HR Star” by HRCrossing (http://www.hrcrossing.com). Penny is actively serving as a responding advisor on human resource issues for ENTREPRENEUR.COM.
Penny has been a featured speaker for numerous organizations such as the:
- American Compensation Association
- Society of Human Resources Management
- Detroit Labor Relations Association
- Nova Southeastern University Strategic Forum
- Boca Raton Executive Forum
- Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce
- Workers Compensation
- Successful Women in Business
- PRIME Group
She has provided timely seminars to advise employers about how to understand the differences in the workforce generations with which they must cope. She presents nationwide webinars such as “Electronics in the Workplace” covering the practical aspects of managing electronics used in business operations across the U.S. She has published articles on best practices in hiring and retaining top talent; has been a keynote speaker and expert panelist for business and educator forums focused on improving leadership skills; and conducted seminars for major chambers of commerce and other business groups.
Her previous career achievements include:
- In 2001, Penny created the Florida-based Human Capital Services consulting practice for CBIZ, Inc. In 2005, she received the CBIZ “Most Outstanding” Human Capital Services “Business Leader” Award; and in 2006, led CBIZ Human Capital Services nationwide in new consulting business throughout the year. Penny’s team built a noteworthy reputation for helping clients to strategize and implement best practices, become employers of choice, and to find, hire, and retain the most excellent talent available.
- Serving as Vice President of Administration and Human Resources for TelePlace, an international telecommunications collocation and managed-services company based in Boca Raton, FL, with sites in Atlanta, GA; Miami, FL; Tampa, FL; Washington, DC; Belgium; France; and The Netherlands.
- Serving as the Director of Administration & Human Resources for Mazda Motor Manufacturing throughout its first 5 years in the U.S. She was the 6th American hired when Mazda built its $1 billion auto manufacturing plant outside of Detroit. She created and implemented the human resources programs: Compensation, Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Training, Safety & Health, and Corporate Administration. The 400-acre plant site included a test track and a 90,000 sf fitness center. With 50 acres under roof, the plant manufactured 270,000 cars each year. During her tenure, the first 4,500 employees were hired from an onslaught of 97,500 applicants.
When Penny left Mazda Motor Manufacturing, she returned to consulting. Her first major client was Mazda Corporate headquarters in Japan, which was launching other businesses in the U.S. For the next 3 years, Penny’s expertise was used to help with employment practices, compensation, selection, and hiring.
- With her former consulting firm in Boston and her new one in Detroit, Penny was engaged by clients such as Textron Corporation, Chrysler Corporation, The Lincoln Electric Company, Garrett Manufacturing, and the Wayne County Board of Education.
- In the Boston area for start-up high tech companies, including Lotus Development Corporation (maker of 1-2-3 and now part of IBM). With Lotus, Penny oversaw human resources and recruiting while Lotus grew from 100 to 1,000 employees in less than one year. She also worked with established international technology companies such as Honeywell Information Systems, Data General Corporation, and ComputerVision Corporation (now Prime Computer).
- Penny began her professional career in the public sector as the Director of the New York State Assembly Intern Program, Coordinator of the Education of Children with Handicapping Conditions for New York State, and as an Advocate for the Disabled in the New York State Governor’s Office.
Current Community Activities and Professional Memberships Include:
- President-Elect – Downtown Boca Raton Rotary Club
- Trustee Member, Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Successful Women in Business Planning Committee for the Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce
- 2009 Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce “Person of the Year”
- Leadership Boca Graduate – 2003
- Member – B2B Boca Raton Business Networking Group
- Member, South Florida Rainmakers
- Member, Society for Human Resource Management
- 2004 Nominee for the Junior League Woman Volunteer of the Year Award
- Former President of the Board, Children’s Museum of Boca Raton, FL (13 years)
The RemarkAbleHR client base includes accounting/tax/audit, advertising/public relations firms, banking/ financial services, apparel manufacturing/distribution, e-commerce, civil construction companies, educational institutions, biopharmaceutical companies, other consulting firms, consumer products, country club/ communities, engineering/architectural firms, hotels, insurance industry, internet advertising/ marketing/ training companies, law firms, a variety of manufacturing companies, non-profit organizations, printing companies, real estate developers, sales & services providers, technology companies (including robotics/drone development enterprises), telecommunications, transportation industry, warehouse/ distribution, and a multiplicity of other businesses.